Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back on track

I had to rest my mom's Christmas cardi because I had a couple of projects on deadlines I had to finish. Let me tell you, it was absolutely painful not being able to work on it!
The two projects were some hand warmers for my friend and another scull and crossbones sweater my BIL's mother ordered from me. I gave a sweater like that to my nephew, she saw it, fell in love with it and asked if I could make another one.

So I did... it's certainly not a difficult project, a simple top down raglan that took me around 15 hours to make. But it's soooo booooring! I had a hard time staying awake while making it, there's no challenge in it whatsoever. I hate, hate, hate projects that get me bored with knitting. I knew this before starting the sweater, the first one was every bit as boring. But I could hardly say no when she asked me for it... But the sweater is ready, washed and dried and just waiting to get picked up. Nice.

So I'm back with the cardigan, at last. I'm half way through the second sleeve, can't wait to join my pieces and start the raglany stuff. My only fear is that it will all be over too soon. I've really loved this project.

2 comments:

Eygló said...

Can't wait to see the mommy sweater when it is ready.

Do you knit the skull with the sweater or sew it in later ? do you use " myndprjón" for the skull ? (because the pattern is not all the round)

Pjusken said...

So sorry, I didn't notice your comment until now! :D

But yeah, the scull and crossbones are sewn in afterwards. I've been experimenting a bit with intarsia but I never really like the outcome, so I'm sticking to the sewing at the moment.