Friday, May 9, 2008

This and that

So I've come to a point in my mother's sweater where I just can't do any more until I get out and buy a new knitting needle long enough to hold all the pieces. So it's waiting a bit...

I have, however, been working on a few other things. I guess I just have to admit that my promise to not start new things until the one otn is finished is very forgotten. But it's fine, I think that with more experience I've gotten over the 'never-finish-anything'-syndrome. So I'm not worried, even though I have like five projects running at the moment.

Recently, I made a goody bag for my niece in Denmark:



In that I sent her a scarf and a 'bad hairday hat':



I liked the hat so much, I just had to make one for myself:



Then I finished the felted bag I posted on here earlier, I didn't really like it but managed to needle felt some fishing-related stuff and gave it to Tony, he's going to use it when fishing and think it's great. I'm not 100% satisfied with it, but I guess they can't all be winners. I do think it has some charm, though:




My baby girl needed a new hat so this one was born, I have to admit that I'm loving this one, isn't she adorable? Sort of reminds me of the sun in Teletubbies...:



I made a pair of wrist warmers for my friend:



My friend also got this lipgloss cozy, I think it's hilarious!:



And then decided I wanted to learn to do entrelac, and using that technique, this pair was made for Tony:



I've finished a couple of other small projects but don't have any pictures of them yet, so I'll just post about them when I do. I'm quite happy with the production lately. ;)

And good news from 'Burning Cool Sweater'-land, it's pretty much finished, I washed it and am waiting for it to dry and then I just have to do a little bit of seaming and it'll be done! Can't wait to see if it's as pretty as the one I thought of in my head. More on that later.

No comments: