Saturday, April 5, 2008

Christmas knitting and then sum...

I started knitting the Christmas presents last month. Better start early! I've made the present for my younger sister and now I'm working on a sweater for my mother. It's the first time I ever make a full-size sweater, all my sweaters so far have been baby sweaters. I feel so good while knitting this for my mom, in a way I feel like I'm weaving love into every stitch. She lives a couple of hours away from me and I don't see her all the time so I'd like to think that when she wears it, it'll be like she's getting a hug from me. *awwww*

I have to say, it's a lot easier than I ever imagined to make a grown up sweater. I'm already hard at work thinking of all the sweaters I'm going to knit when I finish this one. The next one will be for my father. Haha what a sweatery Christmas it will be!
Anyway, the 'mom-sweater' is turning out extremely well and I'm so happy with the pattern choice. It's even going much faster than I thought, I started it March 31st and I'm guessing I'll have finished it in a weeks time or so. I'm also following a huge, American pattern for the first time and never did I think it would be this easy!
BTW you can find it here, check it out.

Here's a closeup of the back piece:



My other projects are resting at the moment, I had to frog a little bit of the burning cool sweater but nothing catastrophic. I'm just loving my mom's sweater too much to put it down. I guess my old promise to myself to never start a project without having finished the last one is pretty much out the window, huh...

The felted bag is also taking a long nap, I have finished the shoulder strap though but haven't gotten around to buying a felting needle to do the finishing. It seems that all the stores that would sell such a thing are way downtown and I'd preferably have to get paid to go there.

3 comments:

Sonja said...

American patterns are usually easier than Icelandic/Norwegian patterns to follow.

I´ve also started Xmas presents. It was not premeditated, it just happened that way. I needed a small portable projects so I started socks, but I couldn't try them on as I went so they turned out a little big for me but perfect for a person on my Christamas list.

Rebecca said...

I always mean to start my Christmas presents early, you have the right idea!

The sweater looks really nice so far.

Eygló said...

I'm trying to work like you, finish one project before starting another, it is so hard because the "next to do" list is always getting longer and longer and you want to try all those things.

BTW I love the pattern on the mommy sweater and totally love the burning cool sweater.